Every tribe, tongue, nation, and people worshipping Jesus before the throne of God – this is the vision that we are all working to make a reality. Have you ever been overwhelmed with the task? There are 16,970 people groups. All of them need the gospel, and yet 7,040 of them are unreached (UPG’s) and 1,343 have never been engaged by a Christian worker (UUPG’s). How are we going to reach them all?
We will reach them all by ALL of us doing our part. All of us saying, “Yes.” In order to do this, all of us must receive our priorities and goals from Jesus. He will divide up the task into steps that each of us can take through His strength and provision, because He is with us ALWAYS.
In All Nations, we do this every two years. We seek Jesus for the goals and priorities that will guide and drive our work for the upcoming two years. With the task of reaching every people group being so big and sometimes overwhelming, these priorities help direct our efforts and give us focus.
Here are the 8 priorities that Jesus gave us for 2018 and 2019:
- Worship, Prayer, and Warfare– Our greatest weapon and sustenance for taking the Gospel to the ends of the earth is prayer and intimacy with Jesus. As a result, we have a team focused on making sure a healthy prayer culture is interwoven into everything that we do.
- Mobilize and Engage – We exist to bring Jesus worship from every tribe, tongue, and nation. This team is responsible for deciding which UPG’s and which UUPG’s we will prioritize, then build awareness and mobilize teams that will make disciples and train leaders to launch a church planting movement among them.
- Training and Coaching– No one can accomplish the task on their own, and with the challenges to the Gospel constantly evolving we need to be constantly learning and adapting the ways that we train and make disciples. This is the job of the training and coaching team. They are constantly learning, discovering best practices, and disseminating that information and practice to our teams on the field.
- Leadership 222– Every movement rises and falls on leadership. Leadership 222 is a new developmental leadership track that we are fostering to raise up humble, servant-hearted leaders that will do whatever it takes to see every tribe, tongue, and nation worship their King.
- City Transformation– Currently almost 55% of the world’s population live in an urban context. It is estimated that nearly 70% will be in cities by 2050. This means the nations are in cities. The fast-paced complex nature of city-living makes launching and sustaining a church planting movement incredibly challenging. This group is working to create tools and processes that can be used and easily replicated to see viable church planting movements launched in cities around the world.
- Children Movement Makers– Some of the most passionate and devoted followers of Jesus are children. They have been the igniters of movements. We have a limited number of trainings and curriculum tailored to teach them how to lead movements among their family, friends, and communities. We are going to change that, so we can see movements of children, not despising their youth, but setting an example in speech, conduct, love, faith, and purity for others to follow.
- Mobilizing Muslim Refugees– There are 65.6 million refugees worldwide. Many of these refugees are Muslim and are searching for answers and hope. In the midst of this unprecedented tragedy is an opportunity to share the light of Jesus to those surrounded by great darkness. We will be Jesus’ hands and feet to a people in need of their Savior, and in turn, sharing the hope they’ve been given to their own people groups and other nations of the world.
- Business for Missions– Many places in the world are closed to the Gospel, but open to business. Learning how to do business well, and learning how to make disciples while doing business is key to reaching the unreachable. In addition, business is key to making many church planting movements sustainable and viable.
Each of these 8 priorities are strategic keys that can unlock church planting movements around the world. For the next two years we will work to unlock and reveal truths in these 8 priorities for the Kingdom of God.
Is God calling you to work in any of these priorities? If so, let us lock arms together. It is going to take everyone doing their part if we are going to succeed. If not, what priorities is God calling you to? Please let us know, so we can join with you in prayer. It is going to take everyone accomplishing their priorities for every tribe, tongue, and nation to worship Jesus in the throne room.
Jesus, help us faithfully run the race and accomplish the tasks and priorities that you have set before us, so that you can receive the reward of your sacrifice. You were slain and by your blood you ransomed every tribe, tongue, people, and nation for God. You made them a kingdom and priests, and they shall reign on earth because of your great sacrifice. Thank you that you are with us always, and that you are our strength. We love you and we praise you, Jesus. Amen.